COVID-19 emergency fund
The Town of Palm Beach United Way has created a COVID-19 Emergency Fund to assist Palm Beach County residents with short-term needs such as food and healthcare, and long-term needs such as housing and financial assistance as a result of the novel coronavirus.
matching gift contributors:
Thanks to these generous matching gift contributors, any donation you give today will be matched dollar-for-dollar.
christina dennis - $50,000 - matched
danielle moore, mary alice fortin foundation - $50,000 - matched
J. Ira and Nicki Harris family foundation - $50,000 - MATCHED
a. alfred taubman foundation - $50,000 - MATCHED
John and jana scarpa - $50,000 - needs community match
Norma and bill tiefel - $50,000 - needs community match
In the weeks and months ahead, thousands of Palm Beach County residents will be affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, especially at-risk populations such as seniors and healthcare workers, and low-income individuals and families living in disadvantaged communities. Residents will need help dealing with health challenges, managing caregiving duties, putting food on the table, recovering lost income, overcoming mental health issues and more.
Our community needs your support now more than ever before. Please click the link below to donate to the fund. Your donation is greatly appreciated.
100% of donations will go directly to local organizations delivering services to disadvantaged and under-resourced communities most impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
So far we have distributed a total of nearly $25,000 to six of our nonprofit partner agencies in Palm Beach County. These funds were used to purchase diapers, masks, gloves and non-perishable food.
from the palm beach daily news:
March 21, 2020 - Palm Beach United Way Coronavirus Emergency Fund hits $200K
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Florida Department of Health - http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/index.html
Coronavirus Hotline is 866-779-6121 (Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM). Or, email COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Town of Palm Beach - https://www.townofpalmbeach.com/973/Coronavirus-Disease-2019-COVID-19
Palm Beach County School District - https://palmbeachschools.org/students_parents/health_services/coronavirus_disease_2019__covid_19
211 Helpline - https://211palmbeach.org/coronavirus
IRS Tax Updates - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus
how to protect your health
- Scrub your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objected and surfaces.
- Get a flu shot if you have not done so already.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).