investments in health benefit the entire community.
Good health is an essential ingredient for individual success and a thriving community. Residents who have access to quality health care are more productive and require fewer government services and costly long-term care. Healthy kids are more likely to succeed in school and healthy adults are more likely to maintain or gain employment. At the Town of Palm Beach United Way, we believe the whole community will flourish when all of our residents have access to quality health care.
Your support of the Town of Palm Beach United Way allows us to invest $1,416,200 into 33 programs at 18 partner agencies in Palm Beach County that are positioning 31,524 vulnerable residents to live healthy, safe and independent lives.
INVESTMENTS IN HEALTH:
- 30.2% of the 94,737 calls last year to the 211 Helpline were for services related to mental health issues, substance abuse and addition.
- 17% of residents under 65 do not have health insurance.
- 45% of parents of adult children with disabilities feel their child's education did not prepare them to live independently.
- There are over 32,000 patient visits each year at Caridad Center's medical, dental and health clinics.
- 2,400 children receive direct services from Center for Child Counseling in 1 year.
- 893 home visits were made by Alzheimer's Community Care's Family Nurse Consultants in 2017.