At the Town of Palm Beach United Way, we know our success is measured by how well we deliver on our mission to make measurable improvements in our community. And we know the importance of setting high standards for ourselves and for our partner agencies.
Annually, each partner agency must adhere to the following requirements:
- Tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; is incorporated as a nonprofit agency in the State of Florida; and is registered with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
- Comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, including the USA Patriot Act and yearly submission of the IRS Form 990 within six months of the end of the fiscal year.
- Undergo, within six months of the end of the fiscal year, an annual audit conducted by an independent certified public accountant whose examination complies with generally accepted auditing principles (GAAP).
- Submit yearly data showing program activities and budgets.
- According to the IRS Form 990, fundraising and administrative expenses of the agency represent 25% or less of the total support and revenue for the last fiscal year.
- Provide equal access to services to all who qualify, and not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law: in employment, promotion of personnel, election to the Board of Directors or selection of volunteers or vendors.
- Have an active, responsible, and voluntary governing body, which ensures effective governance over the policies and financial resources of the organization.
- Identify itself as a partner agency through display of the Town of Palm Beach United Way logo and name on its physical facilities, public service announcements, and when speaking to groups at events which would be beneficial to both parties.
If you would like more information about becoming a Partner Agency, contact us at 561.655.1919.