AN INVESTMENT IN EDUCATION IS AN INVESTMENT IN THE FUTURE.
Investments in education prepare the next generation to lead our families, businesses and communities. Children who have access to high-quality education from cradle to career are more likely to receive a sustaining wage and stay out of poverty. They're also more likely to avoid risky behavior and live safer, healthier lives. At the Town of Palm Beach United Way, we see education as a community responsibility. It takes all of us — parents, teachers and caring adults — to help a child succeed in school and in life.
Your support of the Town of Palm Beach United Way allows us to invest $880,200 into 21 programs at 16 partner agencies in Palm Beach County that are building strong education foundations for 11,371 students.
INVESTMENTS IN EDUCATION:
- In Florida, less than half of high school students living in poverty will graduate high school. Of those that do graduate, only half will attend college.
- Nearly half of all third graders in our county are not reading on grade level.
- Only about 50% of teen mothers receive a high school diploma by 22 years of age.
- Children who attend high quality preschool have a 44% higher high school graduation rate and are twice as likely to have positive relationships with their families.
- Students who spend time in afterschool programs are 43% less likely to drop out of school, 51% less likely to use drugs, 63% less likely to become teen parents and 26% more likely to become a college graduate.