investments in financial stability lift people out of poverty.
Adults who are financially stable are less likely to live on the streets, engage in crime and risky behaviors and develop health problems. Income-based programs allow adults to find jobs, build valuable skills so they can earn more, pay down debt, develop assets and save for the future. At the Town of Palm Beach United Way, we know that the entire community benefits when families and individuals achieve financial stability.
Your support of the Town of Palm Beach United Way allows us to invest $1,013,000 into financial stability programs in Palm Beach County that help 299,831 residents in our community.
INVESTMENTS IN INCOME
- In Palm Beach County, nearly 200,000 people are food insecure, including more than 50,000 children.
- The hourly rate of $30.73 is what a single adult working full-time with two children must make to support their family.
- There are 218,952 households in Palm Beach County unable to afford basic necessities.
- 1,607 individuals and families are homeless on any given day in Palm Beach County.
- There were 4,921 reports of domestic violence offenses in 2016 in Palm Beach County.