current volunteer opportunities:
- Shelter Assistant Volunteer – Assist with facility ground maintenance
- Economic Empowerment Volunteer – Assist with building budget boxes
- Administrative/Special Projects – Various office duties including small tasks and ongoing projects such as answering phones, filing, copying, mailing, and general office support.
Contact Ginger Poole at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-265-3797 ext. 100
Volunteer at the Clinics Can Help Golf Classic on Friday, October 29, 2021. Opportunities include greeter, auction set up, registration, selling mulligans/prize drawings, photography assistant, auction, putting contest, and on course contests.
- Volunteer at the Hustle to End Hunger 5K to benefit CROS Ministries on October 2, 2021. Shift is from 5:45 to 9:00 AM at John Prince Park. Tasks involve setting up the water stop table, fill the provided cups with water or electrolyte drinks, hand out cups to runners and walkers as they pass, cleaning up the area, and cheering on the runners. Click here for more info.
- Food bagging and sorting at the agency’s warehouse in Lake Worth on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Sign up online at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A054FAEA82AA5FF2-cros3. Contact Gibbie Nauman at email@example.com
- Help with computer intake and food distribution at one of the agency's 15 food pantries throughout Palm Beach County. For info on hours and locations contact Juanita Goode at firstname.lastname@example.org or 561-699-5113.
Help end hunger in South Florida by becoming an ExtraHelpings Program volunteer! Rescue and deliver prepared food from hotels and restaurants to Feeding South Florida's network of partners for distribution to families in need of assistance.
For more info contact Luke Copeland at email@example.com or call 561-670-2518 ext. 314
- Joshua Thrift Store Volunteers – Types include general, e-commerce assistants, retail apprentice trainers and donation handlers. Stores located in Lake Park and West Palm Beach. Shifts available from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Saturday.
- Tutors at the Family Campus – For various grade-school students in math, science, English and other subjects.
- Experienced Volunteers – To lead and sponsor classes and trips that expose residents to culture (via museums, the performing arts, cooking demonstrations, etc.) and career options.
- Circles of Support and Accountability Volunteers – These volunteers meet two hours a week for a year or more with a citizen returning to society from prison, with the goal of preventing new offenses.
- Professional and personal development mentors – To enrich the lives of adult clients living at one of the agencies residences through classes in nutrition, self-care, dressing for the workplace, etc.
ongoing volunteer opportunities:
211 Helpline Sunshine Daily Telephone Reassurance - making welfare calls to seniors and homebound individuals
Achievement Centers - help children with homework, serve as a toddler or preschool teacher aide
Alzheimer's Community Care - assist in the Day Service Centers or help coordinate fundraising events
The Arc of Palm Beach County - community-wide events, group projects, direct client interaction
Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County - music and arts lessons, tutoring, mentoring, coaches, greeters
Caridad Center - medical positions, administrative positions, homework helpers
Clinics Can Help - refurbishing medical equipment
CROS Ministries - gleaning, food pantries, meal deliveries, warehouse unloading
El Sol - computer lab, English teaching assistant, childcare, kitchen assistant, legal aid
Feeding South Florida - food sorting, special events
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida - mentoring
Habitat for Humanity - construction, retail clerk, office work
Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies - teen mom mentoring, emergency pantry, special events
HomeSafe - child care
Homeless Coalition - outreach, meal serving, donation center, special projects
Literacy Coalition - tutoring adults and children, reading to pre-school and kindergarten classes
Milagro Center - mentoring, homework help, classroom assistance, special events
Opportunity - tutors, classroom support, music/arts/dance instruction
Palm Beach County Food Bank - food sorting and organizing, clerical work
Palm Beach Habilitation Center - food preparation, senior support, work inspection, thrift store
Seagull Services - assist with craft projects and arts activities, tutoring, food pantry
Take Stock in Children - mentoring
The Glades Initiative - nutrition classes, food pantry, landscape maintenance
The Lord's Place - thrift store assistants, garden tenders
Urban Youth Impact - academic tutoring, special events
YWCA - read to children, tutor children and parents, collect and sort donations, babysitting, clerical duties