Town of Palm Beach United Way board members, volunteers, donors and supporters celebrated a year of remarkable giving at our 74th Annual Meeting held Tuesday, April 23 at The Breakers Palm Beach.
Highlights of the meeting include:
- A dance performance by students at Adopt-A-Family's Project Grow afterschool program for homeless and formerly homeless children.
- A presentation from Town of Palm Beach United Way partner agency, Alzheimer's Community Care
- Campaign reports from committee chairs Mary Freitas (General Campaign), Stephen Hall, Jr. (Business and Professional), Cara Coniglio McClure (Islanders), Danielle Moore (Red Feather) and Debra Vasilopoulos (Tocqueville)
- Approval of the Allocation Committee 2019-2020 grant recommendations as presented by chairmen Christina Dennis and Christine Stiller. The board voted to allocate $3,285,600 to fund 73 programs at 43 nonprofit agencies in Palm Beach County that will help 319,982 men, women and children in our community
Recognition of the Nettie Finkle Award recipient, Linda King, a volunteer with 211 HelpLine's Sunshine Telephone Reassurance program
Approval of Mayor Gail Coniglio and Patricia Cook as Honorary Life Members of the Board of Trustees
Election of 2019-2020 board slate
- A special gift presentation to outgoing Board Chairman Jay Boodheshwar from Evan Johnson, a client with The Arc of Palm Beach County's Community Living program
- Release of the Town of Palm Beach United Way 2018-2019 Community Report
Photos by Capehart Photography