BUILD HEALTHIER COMMUNITIES FOR ALL
Investments in Health lift people out of poverty because healthy community members are more productive and require fewer government services and costly institutional care. Good health is an essential ingredient for individual success and a thriving community. Healthy kids are more likely to succeed in school. The whole community will flourish when all of our residents have access to quality health care.
INVESTMENTS IN HEALTH
- Medical and Dental
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Older Adults and Caregiver Support
- Disabilities and Special Needs
- Florida ranks first in the United States by percentage of population who are 65 and older. By 2020, Florida's 60 and older population is expected to be more than 4.8 million people, 57% of the total population of the state.
- According to the US Census Bureau, approximately 265,000 - or about 28% of Palm Beach County residents under the age of 64 are without health insurance.
- 168,630 people age 5 and older living in Palm Beach County have some form of disability; it is estimated that approximately 28,000 are children.